THE STAFF OF THE DiG HAS ROUNDED UP THE BEST, AND EASIEST, SUMMER COCKTAIL RECIPES! PERFECT FOR A TRIP TO THE POOL OR JUST SITTING IN YOUR BACKYARD!
GRAPEFRUIT RANCH WATER
Mix grapefruit juice and homemade jalapeñoinfused tequila for a sweet and spicy cocktail.
• 1/3 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
• 3 Tbsp. simple syrup
• 1 1/2 oz. spiced tequila (see directions below)
• Sparkling water (such as Topo Chico)
• Pink grapefruit wedges, cilantro sprigs, and sliced jalapeño for garnish
1. Spread salt on a flat plate. Dip the rim of a 12-ounce glass in water and then in the salt.
2. Fill glass with ice and top with grapefruit juice, simple syrup, and tequila; stir to combine.
3. Top with sparkling water and garnish with grapefruit wedges, cilantro sprig and sliced jalapeño.
How To Make Spiced Tequila Transfer 1/2 cup reposado tequila (from a 750-milliliter bottle) to a measuring cup. Add one quartered jalapeño and let sit for at least eight hours (for mild) and up to 24 hours (for spicy). Discard jalapeño and return infused tequila to the bottle.
This is Mexico’s most refreshing highball. Try to find Jarritos or Red Hare grapefruit soda if you can.
• Salt, for rim (optional)
• 2 1/2 oz. tequila
• Squeeze of lime juice
• Grapefruit soda (like Red Hare or Jarritos), to top
• Lime wedge, for garnish
1. Fill a highball glass with ice (dip the rim in salt first, if you like).
2. Add tequila and lime juice, then top with grapefruit soda.
3. Stir ingredients together gently. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
Not just for the 4th of July; The Firecracker is fantastic all summer long with watermelon, lime and cucumber!
• 4 oz. cucumber vodka
• 4 (1-inch) cubes of seedless watermelon
• 2 limes, diced
• 2 oz. simple syrup (Boil 1/4 cup water and sugar just until sugar dissolves. Add 1/4 cup ice to cool – refrigerate leftovers)
1. Combine vodka, watermelon and lime in a cocktail shaker. Muddle all ingredients well. Add simple syrup, fill with ice, cover and shake until ice cold.
2. Rim the glasses with a cut lime and dip in the lime rim mixture (equal amounts salt and sugar combined with some fresh grated lime).
3. Fill the glasses with ice and strain the ingredients from the shaker into the glasses.
4. Garnish with a watermelon slice, a cucumber slice and a mint sprig. No cucumber vodka? No problem. Simply add a couple of slices to cucumber to the watermelon and lime and muddle them together; use regular vodka of your choosing. Enjoy!
RASPBERRY LIMONCELLO PROSECCO
Amazingly refreshing, bubbly, and sweet – a perfect summer cocktail that you can make in just five minutes!
• 3 cups prosecco, chilled
• 1 cup limoncello liqueur, chilled
• 1 cup frozen raspberries
• 6 sprigs fresh mint
1. In a large pitcher, whisk together prosecco and limoncello.
2. Serve over raspberries, garnished with mint, if desired.