Land of the free and home of the brave can’t go un-noticed this year. Here are a few ways to honor our heroes from home.
- Find a place at your home to fly the American flag
- Paint red, white and blue starts in your yard
- Order takeout from your favorite burger joint (Hint: We suggest Universal Joint in Lawrenceville
- Give back to service members and/or provide financial support to families of fallen heroes (Hint: Visit USO.org for ideas)
- Have a moment of silence at 3 p.m. for the National Moment of Remembrance
Want to organize something unique for your neighbors (who you’ve probably gotten to know a bit more since staying at home) for the official start of summer?
- Coordinate a food truck to come to a common space in your hood (Kona Ice or Jim-N-Nicks) to sell food or per order family meals.
- Encourage neighbors to patriotically decorate golf carts, cars and bikes and have a social distancing parade in honor of the men and women who serve our country.