By: Eryn Austin
Life can be complicated and chaotic, right? Sometimes, in tough seasons, we may be so focused on surviving and caring for others that we forget to tend to our personal wellness.
That could mean we reschedule a necessary health appointment or run ourselves ragged. For me, it often comes down to identifying exactly what I need. A massage or a vacation? A
nap or a long walk? I haven’t yet mastered the “how” part of self-care, but I am trying.
And listen, I know time is always an issue, but it’s worth borrowing a little time now to avoid losing time to burnout and illness in the future. It isn’t selfish to take some time for yourself, so consider this your permission and your invitation to lean into loving yourself a bit more.
During my research into some personal health concerns, I discovered a haven of solitude and healing just down the road in Snellville. Saltville Grotto and Spa offers an abundance
of indulgent services, all focusing on wellness, peace and wholeness. I was primarily interested in their Float Therapy options but found so much more to love.
After a change of ownership in 2022, the spa underwent renovations and recently reopened with a new lease on life and plenty of experiences for all wellness-seekers. An inviting, tropical vacation vibe meets you as soon as you step through the door while the compassionate and kind staff is there to ensure you leave more content and centered after your time with them.
Spa Manager and Reiki Practitioner, Becky Kiper, remarks, “We have created a truly safe place for anyone who just needs time. Time to breathe or meditate and work out the kinks
while tuning into their thoughts and feelings. We are here to support every individual in their unique circumstances.”
With a “come as you are” open-arms policy, Saltville is not just indulgent, it is transformative. And Float Therapy, although new to the spa, has become an integral part of the healing journey for many customers. Floating free from distraction in zero gravity is a research-backed way to relieve aches and pains, difficulty sleeping and stress. The magnesium from the salts soothes the mind and muscles by getting rid of toxins and triggering the release of endorphins, often resulting in lower blood pressure, better sleep and improved mood.
I asked Becky for some first-time tips for anyone interested in Float Therapy:
- No expectations – Every person’s float experience is unique, and it is always best to come in with an open mind and open communication.
- Come as you are- Seriously, we are here to love and serve you. Please come in as your authentic self. We welcome everyone without exception.
- Use your voice and Speak up – If the thought of closing the lid (not having access to your phone, not knowing what time it is, etc.) makes you anxious, please let us know. We will happily do anything we can to make your experience tailored to your needs.
- Not everyone is ready for the sensory deprivation aspect of floating. You need to ask yourself – Am I prepared to be alone with my breath, my heartbeat and my thoughts? If not, we have options to make you more comfortable.
- Set an intention. What do you want to learn, experience and feel while you float? The lack of gravity? The warmth of the water in the best bath experience of your life? The time to reflect and self-reflect? Having an intention enhances this one-of-a-kind experience.
Allow yourself to be comfortable with the uncomfortable.
Other services available include: Infrared Sauna, Massage Therapy, Reiki, Zero Gravity Meditation, Ionic Foot Detox, Painting Classes, Special Event Rentals and Vibrational Healing Therapies.
We wholeheartedly recommend stepping out of your comfort zone and trying out one of the fantastic services this blissful spa offers. The best way to check availability is to call us at 678-585-1153 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Floating Pods
• Reduces stress
• Speeds muscle recovery
• Reduces depression and anxiety
• Improves cardiovascular health
• Enhances creativity
• Reduces tension headaches/migraines
What do you need to bring? Most supplies are provided for the optimal float experience. We provide towels, robes, ear plugs, swim caps, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and Vaseline for those sensitive or freshly-shaved areas. We recommend you bring a brush or comb and anything else you feel would enhance your comfort.
If Float Therapy isn’t your thing, consider spending time in the Salt Cave
Salt therapies are 100% natural, drug-free, safe and noninvasive. Halotherapy helps to ease the effects of respiratory issues such as allergies, Cystic Fibrosis, asthma, bronchitis, COPD, emphysema, sinusitis and chronic snoring.